Together with World Peace Tyneside we asked festival goers at Newcastles Annual Pride Festival for their visions for peace and to make their personal pledge for peace in their community.
Visions for Peace-
1) So that everyone in the world can love who they want, believe what they want without prejudice.
2) Peace is an abstract perfection-
Serenity among all sans colour
Smiles abound and encapsulates time
The brilliance of togetherness like entwined vines
Poverty ceases, all men hear same good cries…
The world’s creeds agree, disagree and let be
The wildlife we see in tune with our hearts
And of course, the environment more alive
3) Hope, Love, Family, Friends, Pride!
4) Peace for Myself
5) No political control, to be free and peaceful
6) Stress free and happy
7) Peace is love for all, happiness and friendship
8) Let peace begin within
9) Liam age 9-
No more war
10) Until all are free no one is free. Stand together, hand in hand, for the future of all.
11) The chance for everyone to believe what they believe without having to worry.
12) Everyone is happy
13) Trying not to argue with my brother as much
14) Peace is a better place to live in, you can’t live in peace with war #anti-war!
15) For people not to judge or assume, get to know and love. As if they don’t understand instead of backing off. Life is life, Love is love, It is all the same no matter what!
16) To live in a happy world, be prejudice free and to love whoever xxx
17) My vision is for a world without discrimination allowing people to not stress.
18) My vision is a world without judgement, discrimination and hate, my wish is equality
19) If there are no weapons, there should be no war
20) I hope that love will show no end, gay, straight or bi. I love my life lets hope everyone else love theirs too xxx
Pledges for Peace-
I pledge to make peace by…
1) Leading functions, growing food on allotment, and taking a peace paper to our local weapons establishment
2) To support people fulfil their potential
3) Caring, sharing and treating other as I would like to be treated myself
4) Supporting the peace movement
5) Having more patience
6) Encouraging others to stop and look at each other as we are
7) Having the inner courage to apologise more
8) Making others happy
9) Listening to and accepting others!
10) Not supporting violence
11) Not judging anyone! J
12) Visiting family more
13) Can only make it on a Monday/Wednesday?
14) Promoting equality and understanding for all x
15) Believing we are all equal in the world!
16) No more war
17) Preaching the need for cordial existence amongst my neighbours
18) Accepting people for who they are
19) Complimenting everyone
20) Being aware of social equality
21) Not to shout when things go wrong
22) Loving my family and friends no matter what!
23) Being calm
24) Accepting everyone and not judging people-x-Spread the peace
25) Is to love each other
26) Being mindful of the brave journey my daughter is taking
27) Being with family
28) Appreciating the love of my family and friends
29) Supporting friends and family in decisions/embracing things I have no control over
30) Be nice to everybody I meet J
31) Uniting the world
32) Helping those less fortunate than myself
33) Changing views on transsexual people
34) Ensuring equality and diversity for all
36) Make a person smile
37) Making others smile and be happy
38) Trying to stay calm and listen more
39) Allowing people into my own life. Supporting no violence
40) Doing nowt
41) Smoking more marijuana
42) Listening and being a friend
43) Hugs and kisses for everyone (translated from Catalan)
44) Spreading the ❤ xoxo
45) Showing a kind word and friendly smile
46) Not judging people
47) Helping people to appreciate the simple things that don’t always cost money
48) Stop getting angry
49) Ensuring equality and diversity for all
50) Promote the creative
51) Not forcing my beliefs on others
52) Continuing to be the best person I can be!
53) Be kind and thoughtful to others and help whenever I can xx
54) Don’t lash out
55) Everyone having equality J
56) No more war
57) Being aware of world peace issues
58) Continuing enjoying Social Media
59) Being a better person to everybody not just friends
60) Giving more time outside of work
61) Helping sexuality equality
62) Accepting everyone for who they are
63) I be happy to find my Dad
64) Accepting everybody for who they are
65) Grasping every opportunity to try and make a positive difference