Our partners and supporters across the North East of England are hosting events in celebration and recognition of International Peace Day. In addition to events already held by Tristar Homes and Cestria Homes, here is a flavour of what is happening over the next few days from Your Homes Newcastle, Gentoo, Cestria Homes, Tristar Homes, Durham University and Crisis Skylight(Newcastle);
Your Homes Newcastle
- Holding street games across the city on Saturday 21/09/13. They will be held in Byker and Elswick Park. There will also be one held at Jubilee Court for the residents.
- dress down day in return staff will make a small donation including raffle, quiz and relaxation sessions
- Sports and Social football tournament to be held in September
- Peace Cup – 24 team football tournament on 20th September
- Holistic therapy day for staff
- Staff Quiz
- 5 management teams to each organise an event; holding hands for peace, helicopter shoot of children spelling out PEACE, poster competition, Sunderland carers garden area, mens health peace area in community shop, peace mosaic.
- Established project team, requirement within annual appraisal system for each of the 7 area housing officers to organise an event in name of Space for Peace.
- Community engagement team to work with schools
- Setting up of Peace Camps
- Cup design
- Bake for Peace event
- Joint event with Chester-le-street MIND
- Large community event at Preston Park (7th August) with Peace garden/tent area. Steering group established with Tristar, Harbour (domestic abuse charity) and Space for Peace to organise activities for event.
- Puppet shows at Primary Schools on 18th and 19th September.
- Minutes silence before all games at every university on inter-university sports day on 20th November
- Durham student union to organise peace camp during freshers week.
Smile4Peace cakes all day on 20th September at Skylight Cafe.
Like us on facebook to keep up to date with Space for Peace.